Dear 2017, You have been a year of joy, challenge, pain, fulfilled dreams, and unrealized dreams. The challenges and disappointments you have sent my way make me want to throw you in the garbage and forget you ever happened, but deep down I know that […]
May 2018 has been filled with pediatric critical care, kickball playoffs, Mother’s Day festivities, Cinco de Mayo fun, a trip to Los Angeles, an Indian-American hybrid wedding, new friends, a research conference, an upper respiratory tract infection, and keeping my head above the water. I’ll get back to regular posting soon!
In the meantime, head over to The Mighty—I’ve got a post published and I’m super excited about it!
Flowers make a girl feel special 🙂
So much quality time with this beauty last weekend! Loved being bridesmaids in another wedding with ya!
Bridal party shenanigans celebrating Gwenn and Varun
Grateful to be involved in the special day of a special couple
This weekend flew by, and was filled with girl time, nostalgia, adventure, family, and remembrance. Friday started with my favorite TGIF yoga class. After, I took Hope to the dog park and got ready to hang out with my old roommate. We went to sushi […]
Hi there! Friday again? I apologize for the lack of posts lately. Between bike riding, research, lectures, Bible study, kickball, friends, and just life, my energies have not been coming to this space quite as much as I would like. This weekend, I plan to reunite with an old roommate, try out rock climbing, and spend time with Hope (given 😉 )
What I’ve been loving:
- The Girlfriends Guide to Divorce
- My sister recommended this show to me on Netflix a few years ago, and I finally got around to watching it! Last weekend was slow in OKC (hence the lack of weekend recap on Monday), so I mostly watched Netflix and hung out with Hope. This show is a lighthearted winner.
- Fancy Strawberry Herbal Tea
- This was at Basil during a post-bike ride dinner last week. There’s a candle under the tea pot!
- Hope + Steele
- Hope’s new husky friend at the dog park. How cute are they?
- Feta cheese
- This is really random, but I’m craving feta cheese on all of my sandwiches and salads lately.
- Dreaming ahead
- I’ll finish residency in September, and I’m thinking about the type of job I would like to pursue in the location I would like to be in. As well as what time I might have for side projects! Right now, I have job searches in OKC, Minneapolis, Seattle, Charlotte, Asheville, Charleston, and Greenville. Change is a’coming. I’m looking forward to seeing where 2018 might take me. I am also thinking about following through with getting certified in yoga or Barre3 after residency.
What are you loving this week, friends?
April, which is officially my “research” month of residency, has transformed into a hybrid “teaching and research month”. In addition to completing clinical pharmacy rotations throughout my twelve month residency, I also will complete longitudinal rotations in management, hospital staffing, research, and teaching. While I […]
Crazy wind, snow, ice, and then sunny and warm enough for the dog park…Oklahoma weather always keeps ya’ guessing.
I managed to have some fun this weekend, despite my 7 AM shifts at the hospital.
Friday was a relaxed day. I took a yoga class after work and then took Hope to the Midtown Mutts dog park. It was so windy and cold that we were the only souls at the dog park.After, I came home and started Riverdale on Netflix.
Saturday morning started with SNOW. Totally unexpected in Oklahoma in April. I also had to be at the hospital for work early, so Hope and I bundled up and went for a quick walk before I headed to the hospital.
The day was filled with vancomycin consults, IV->PO interchanges, and renal dose adjustments. I paused for this tasty wonton soup from TJ’s for lunch.
And got this shot of Hope in the snow from my dog walker.
By the time I got off at 3:30, it was warm and sunny so I took Hope to the dog park.
There was a pack of poodles for my doodle to play with! So fun!
I made a Target run after the dog park and then settled in at home to watch more Riverdale.
Sunday morning I was TIRED, but I got up, took Hope for a short walk, and then went to work. I served as the clinical pharmacist for the same floors that I had looked at on Saturday, so it was a tad easier since I was more familiar with the patients.
Lunch break=eating out of that sandwich baggie life.
After I got off, I took Hope out and hit up a yoga class. After class, Hope and I went to the dog park, and then I tortured the poor girl with a bath…not her favorite.
I ended the weekend with dinner and more Riverdale.
Looking forward to not working next weekend!