Friday Favorites #4
Hi friends! How has your week been? Anything fun this weekend? I’ve had a great week–loving my mama being back, Hope is getting used to her new surroundings, the weather has improved, and I had a positive follow-up with my physician. Not too much planned this weekend, but it should still be a good one.
- Shrimp and grits: I prepared shrimp and grits for dinner for my parents and me on Wednesday night and it was so tasty! The only other time I’ve eaten it, my brother-in-law made it. My sister told me that they don’t follow an exact recipe, so I found a recipe online and ended up just winging it. I can do a recipe post if anyone is interested. I served it with wine and a kale cranberry salad.
- The Pathfinder: this has always been one of my favorite things about Bartlesville. The pathfinder is a trail that runs throughout town and provides a place for one to ride bikes, roller skate, or walk in a more natural setting. Hope wasn’t a fan of the creaky bridge on the trail, but other than that, we have had two successful trips this week and I foresee many more during the remainder of my stay here.
- New leggings: My old leggings don’t fit me like they used to, which I realized was beginning to trigger me. I found a bunch of cute leggings from Gap and Athleta online on sale this week, which is making recovery easier. Do what you can to make your recovery as easy as possible, because it will be one of the hardest things you will do!Gap gFast High rise leggings
- Urban Decay eyeshadow: I’ve long been a fan of the “Naked” eyeshadow palette, and I just got the Naked 3 palette. I love it for its subtle shimmer, and it lasts all day.Urban Decay Palette
- Practicing gratitude: I’m working my way through A Simple Abundance, and one of the recommendations is to write down 5 things to be grateful for at the end of every day. After a couple of weeks of this practice, I find myself practicing gratitude throughout the day as well. All-in-all, this is making me more positive and present as I go through my day.
- “For the Love of New Beginnings” series on the Jen Hatmaker podcast: What an appropriate series for a time of new beginning in my own life. Each guest has been so inspirational. I’m sad this week’s episode was the last episode of the series, but I know the next series will be great, as well 🙂
- OU’s win over KU: After some close losses, OU pulled off an exciting win over the talented KU team on Tuesday. BOOMER SOONER!
- My new drivers license photo: How many people would say that? But I just replaced my DL as my old one expires next week, and I can just see how much healthier I look in the new one.
What are you loving this week?